Tonight, as consistently, is the festival of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (or GPHG 2018) – the Oscars of the watchmaking business. A few classes are addressed (ladies, men, complicated and even moderate) and the best watches of the year will be granted the pined for Golden Hand prize – and obviously, the prize we’re all hanging tight for, the “Aiguille d’Or” or the most awesome aspect show, praising the best watch presented in 2018. As MONOCHROME is one of the official press accomplices of the show, we’ll be communicating the occasion live, as of 06:30 pm (Europe Time) this evening. Stay tuned on MONOCHROME!
As an update, here’s the complete rundown of the GPHG 2018 finalists.
Women’s watches comprising the accompanying signs just: hours, minutes, seconds, date, power hold, exemplary moon stage; might be enhanced with a limit of 8-carats’ worth of gemstones.
- Bovet 1822 Amadéo Fleurier 39 Fan
- Bvlgari Lvcea Tubogas Skeleton
- Chanel Boy-Friend Skeleton
- Chaumet Laurier
- Moritz Grossmann Tefnut Twist Classic
- Piaget Possession Lapis Lazuli
Women’s watches that are noteworthy as far as their mechanical imagination and complexity, featuring a wide range of horological complications and classic and/or inventive signs (for example yearly schedule, never-ending schedule, condition of time, moon stage, computerized or retrograde time display, world time, double time or other sorts of models) and don’t fit the meaning of the Ladies’ and Mechanical Exception categories.
- Beauregard Dahlia C1
- Bvlgari Diva Finissima Minute Repeater
- Chaumet Espiègleries
- Ludovic Ballouard Pink Hours
- Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa Tourbillon Galaxy
- Van Cleef & Arpels Lady Arpels Planétarium
Men’s watches comprising the accompanying signs just: hours, minutes, seconds, date, power save, exemplary moon stage; might be enhanced with 5-carats’ worth of gemstones.
- Akrivia Chronomètre Contemporain
- De Bethune DB28 Steel Wheels
- H. Moser & Cie. Attempt Flying Hours
- MB&F Legacy Machine Split Escapement
- Vacheron Constantin Triple Calendrier 1942
- Voutilainen 217QRS
Men’s watches that are striking regarding their mechanical imagination and complexity, featuring a wide range of horological complications and exemplary as well as innovative indications (for example yearly schedule, unending schedule, condition of time, moon stage, computerized or retrograde time display, world time, double time or other kinds of models) and don’t fit the meaning of the Men’s and Mechanical Exception categories.
- Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Automatic
- Girard-Perregaux Neo Tourbillon With Three Bridges Skeleton
- H. Moser & Cie. Attempt Perpetual Moon Concept Vantablack
- Krayon Everywhere Horizon
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Annual Calendar School Piece
- Vacheron Constantin Perpetual Calendar Ultra-thin
Mechanical watches comprising at any rate one chronograph sign. Extra signs as well as complications are admissible.
- Czapek L’Heure Bleue
- Girard-Perregaux Laureato Chronograph
- Montblanc 1858 Monopusher Chronograph Limited Edition 100
- Singer Reimagined Singer Track1 Hong Kong Edition
- TAG Heuer Monaco Bamford
- Zenith Defy El Primero 21
Mechanical watches comprising in any event one tourbillon or potentially a unique escapement and additionally another improvement improving chronometry (exactness timekeeping). Extra signs as well as complications are admissible.
- David Candaux Half Hunter
- De Bethune DB25 Starry Varius Tourbillon
- Montblanc Star Legacy Suspended Exo Tourbillon Limited Edition 58
- TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Chronograph Tête de Vipère Chronometer
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Tourbillon Free Wheel
- Zenith Defy Zero G
Men’s or potentially ladies’ watches highlighting an uncommon instrument, like a creative or modern presentation, a robot, a striking or some other acoustic capacity, a belt-driven development or some other unique as well as remarkable horological concept.
- Andersen Genève & Konstantin Chaykin Automaton Joker
- Bovet 1822 Récital 22 Grand Récital
- Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Minute Repeater Carbon
- Girard-Perregaux Minute Repeater Tri-Axial Tourbillon
- Greubel Forsey Grande Sonnerie
- Ulysse Nardin Freak Vision
Watches connected to the field of sports, whose capacities, materials and configuration are fit to proactive tasks. Smartwatches are permissible in this category.
- Fabergé Visionnaire Chronograph Dynamique
- Montblanc 1858 Pocket Watch Limited Edition 100
- Seiko Prospex 1968 Diver’s Re-creation
- TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf
- Ulysse Nardin Diver
- Zenith Pilot Cronometro Tipo CP-2 Flyback
Watches exhibiting outstanding authority of the specialty of adornments and gemsetting, and furthermore recognized by the decision of stones.
- Antoine Preziuso Trillion Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- Bvlgari Serpenti High Jewellery
- Chanel Bouton de Camélia
- de Grisogono Cascata
- Piaget High Jewelry Cuff Watch Dentelle d’Or
- Van Cleef & Arpels Secret de Coccinelle
Watches exhibiting uncommon authority of one or a few imaginative strategies, for example, plating, lacquering, etching, guilloché (motor turning), skeleton-working, etc.
- Chaumet Ecritures de Chaumet – Limited version enlivened by Renoir’s work
- Fabergé Clover
- Hermès Arceau Robe du Soir
- Piaget Altiplano Tourbillon Malachite
- Vacheron Constantin Les Aérostiers – Paris 1783
- Van’t Hoff Ballet in Blue
Watches with a retail cost between CHF 4,000 and CHF 10,000. Smartwatches are acceptable in this category.
- Habring² Doppel-Felix
- Konstantin Chaykin Clown
- Longines Record
- Ming 19,01
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur
- Vicenterra Tycho Brahe “série” T2 Anthra
A new class this year. Watches with a retail cost under CHF 4,000. Smartwatches are allowable in this category.
- Gorilla Watches Fastback Drift
- Longines Conquest V.H.P. GMT streak setting
- Nomos Glashütte Tangente Neomatik 41 Update
- Reservoir Longbridge British Racing
- Seiko Presage Shippo Enamel
- Tudor Black Bay GMT
The best watch introduced in one of the twelve classifications, which includes a contemporary re-release or reevaluation of a notable recorded model.