With the SIHH 2019 practically around the bend, we thought it was the ideal second to glance back at what the 2018 release of the Geneva Watch Fair, a.k.a Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) needed to show… And it had a great deal to show. Specialized, delightful, inventive, super complicated or just all around thought ordinary pieces. There was a ton and, in that point of view, SIHH 2018 didn’t disillusion. So before we discover what 2019 has coming up for us, let’s investigate the past release of the fair.
In the video above, MONOCHROME colleagues Frank Geelen, Brice Goulard and Xavier Markl examine the best watches of the SIHH 2018. Here are our best watches of the show, with the most amazing oddities introduced at the SIHH 2018, including:
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox – the vintage-enlivened caution watch of JLC’s spic and span assortment. Cool and well executed
- Cartier Drive Extra-Flat – presently accessible in yellow gold and in steel, at an alluring cost and still an extraordinary design
- Laurent Ferrier Montre Ecole Annual Calendar – with a fresh out of the box new development, a dazzling light yellow gold case and a generally great design
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202IP – the symbol now with a titanium case, a platinum bezel and a pristine smoked blue dial
- Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic – with a 5-day fabricate COSC-affirmed development, a pleasant ordinary watch with a sensible cost of EUR 2,450
- Montblanc 1858 Monopusher Chronograph – a vintage-roused military chronograph with a magnificent Minerva type, angle green dial and steel case
- IWC Tribute to Pallweber – with an exceptional bouncing hours and minutes show, new development and clean plan for the 150th commemoration of IWC
- Ressence Type 2 e-Crown – a mechanical watch with an electronically controlled crown to change and set the time
- A. Lange & Söhne Triple Split – the über-chronograph with a triple rattrapante work and a staggering movement
- Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept – At 2mm thick, the most slender mechanical watch at any point made. Well done to Piaget for this extraordinary achievement!
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 ‘Homage to Walter Lange’ Unique Piece in Steel – a watch that will be unloaded by Phillips Watches, with continues to be given to a cause, honoring Walter Lange, quite possibly the most appreciated men of the watch industry