In 1999, after more than twenty years of improvement and numerous models, Spring Drive was dispatched at Baselworld. Perceived as a significant advancement in the new history of extravagance watchmaking, Spring Drive innovation combines a mechanical chain of energy to a super exact quartz oscillator. To stamp the twentieth commemoration, Grand Seiko reveals at Baselworld 2019 two new hand-wound Spring Drive developments and a sum of four unique watches in the as of late presented Elegance Collection . Meet the Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGZ001, SBGZ003, SBGY002 and SBGY003.
As an update, Spring Drive is a novel interpretation of watchmaking. Not completely mechanical, not altogether quartz either, it is a half and half innovation that depends on the excellence of mechanical components, a programmed winding and the demonstrated accuracy of quartz. The four watches are fueled by this exclusive innovation, in lieu of the hand-wound mechanical developments found in the remainder of the Elegance assortment .
The fundamental rule of Spring Drive is to switch the controlling organ, all the rest (80% of the components) stay indistinguishable from a mechanical watch. Energy is put away in a mainspring barrel, controlled by the movement of a rotor, and conveyed to the managing organ by the methods for a stuff train. The controlling organ is rather complex. A Spring Drive development uses a select speed control system, fusing an IC, an electronic brake and a quartz gem. Subsequently, a Spring Drive development has a force save of generally more than 3 days and a great exactness, with a normal month to month pace of ±15 seconds (or ±1 second out of every day all things considered). The other bit of leeway is having a seconds hand with an amazingly smooth movement. Specialized, sane, exceptionally exact, as a rule mechanical.
The High-End Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGZ001 – SBGZ003
Taking preferred position of the as of late presented Elegance assortment, with its thin profile because of the fuse of hand-wound developments, Grand Seiko presents two super extravagant, hand-collected and completed models, the SBGZ001 and SBGZ003. These two watches are created by the Micro Artist Studio, which made its first commitment to Grand Seiko with a 8-Day Power Reserve Spring Drive watch that was introduced at Baselworld 2016.
The instances of the Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGZ001 and SBGZ003 are made of 950 platinum and molded as needs be to the new plan dispatched on the Elegance Collection – more modest measurement of 38.5mm, meager profile of 9.8mm and less rakish shapes. Altogether, we’re before Grand Seiko’s vision of a dress watch. The fundamental contrast between the two references, other than the way that one is a restricted release of 30 pieces in particular, is the improvement of both the case and the dial.
The SBGZ003 is traditionally cleaned and includes a silvered dial with a grained surface. The SBGZ001 (the restricted adaptation) is substantially more challenging, with its case and dial totally hand-engraved with a Snowflake design. No compelling reason to say that this is amazingly restrictive and that each watch will have its own character. On the two watches, the hands and lists – sharp and sublimely executed as regular – are made in 14k white gold.
Powering these Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGZ001 and SBGZ003 is a recently evolved hand-wound development, type 9R02. This new movement, conceived by the Micro Artist Studio, has two mainsprings set in equal inside a solitary barrel and uses the one of a kind Torque Return System* to convey a force save of 84 hours. The development is hand-completed and hand-amassed in the most ideal manner conceivable path – truth be told, it is made similarly as Credor developments, with profoundly cleaned inclines and straight grained surfaces, just as highlighting the mark barrel with bellflower. Accuracy is of ± 1 second for each day.
* – When the mainspring has been completely wound and the force yield is at its most noteworthy, roughly 30% of the accessible force isn’t expected to keep up the exactness of the watch and is basically squandered in an ordinary development. The Torque Return System utilizes this energy to rewind the mainspring, bringing about an expansion in the force hold. In Caliber 9R02, this framework is actuated for 48 hours after the mainspring has been completely wound.
Each of these platinum watches is worn on a crocodile lash with a platinum three-overlay fasten with press button discharge. Costs will be EUR 78,000 (SBGZ001, restricted to 30 pieces) and EUR 58,500 (SBGZ003).
The Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGY002 – SBGY003
Based on a similar in general plan and idea, Grand Seiko likewise has two other watches in this hand-wound Spring Drive assortment, with the references SBGY002 and SBGY003, yet with more sensible costs and more objective execution – nonetheless high-end.
These two watches have the rich, slim and more refined instance of the Elegance assortment, with a distance across of 38.5mm and thickness of 10.2mm (because of an alternate development). The cases are, this time, just accessible with a non-engraved, cleaned surface and in both 18k yellow gold (SBGY002) or tempered steel (SBGY003). The two models come on crocodile ties with three-overlay fastens with press button release.
Dial-wise, Grand Seiko has picked controlled unconventionality. The yellow gold SBGY002 has the refined and evaluated brilliant white Snowflake engraved on its surface, while the treated steel SBGY003 depends on an exquisite sunray design with a silver tone. Hands and lists are treated in the typical sharp and super exact Grand Seiko way.
Powering the Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGY002 and SBGY003 is another hand-wound, Spring Drive development, type 9R31. This in-house development is made at the Shinshu Watch Studio (close to the Micro Artist Studio) where any remaining Grand Seiko Spring Drive watches are made. This exceptionally exact development conveys a force hold of 72 hours, because of the Dual-Spring Barrel innovation. Its exactness is of ± 1 second of the very beginning (of the best points of interest of Spring Drive).
Prices for the Yellow Gold Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGY002 will be EUR 27,000. The hardened steel Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGY003 will be valued at EUR 8,200, in any case, restricted to 700 pieces worldwide.
More subtleties at www.grand-seiko.com .
Technical Specifications SBGZ001 – SBGZ003
- Case: distance across 38.5mm x thickness 9.8mm – 950 platinum, hand-engraved (SBGZ002) or cleaned (SBGZ003) – top quality double bended sapphire precious stone with against intelligent covering – transparent screw case back – 30m water-resistant
- Dial: silvered, with or without snowflake design – hands and hour markers in 14k white gold
- Movement: type 9R02, in-house – hand-wound with Spring Drive innovation – 84h force hold – exactness of ± 1 second out of each day (± 15 seconds of the month) – Dual-Spring Barrel and Torque Return System – 39 gems – collected at the Micro Artist Studio by hand – hours, minutes, seconds, power save (back)
- Strap: crocodile tie with three-overlay catch with press button release
- References: SBGZ001 (engraved), restricted version of 30 – SBGZ003 (cleaned), not limited
- Price: EUR 78,000 (SBGZ001) – EUR 58,500 (SBGZ003)
Technical Specifications SBGY002 – SBGY003
- Case: width 38.5mm x thickness 10.2mm – 18k yellow gold (SBGY002), treated steel (SBGY003) – superior quality double bended sapphire gem with hostile to intelligent covering – transparent screw case back – 30m water-resistant
- Dial: silvered – snowflake design (SBGY002) – sunray design (SBGY003)
- Movement: type 9R31, in-house – hand-wound with Spring Drive innovation – 72h force save – exactness of ± 1 second out of every day (± 15 seconds of the month) – Dual-Spring Barrel – 30 gems – hours, minutes, seconds, power save (back)
- Strap: crocodile tie with three-crease fasten with press button release
- References: SBGY002 (gold) – SBGY003 (steel), restricted to 700 pieces
- Price: EUR 27,000 (SBGY002) – EUR 8,200 (SBGY003)