Every year, the watchmaking business commends innovativeness and resourcefulness with the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) or the supposed “Oscars of the Watchmaking Industry” – see the report for the 2018 version here . The most progressive, the most inventive and the most innovative watches will be granted prizes at the GPHG 2019. Before the service happens (November 7, 2019), we’re bringing you, hot off the press, the complete rundown of finalists chose by the Jury. Just six watches stay in every one of the 14 classes and here they are.
Note: in the event that you need to impart your expectations to us, don’t hesitate to use to comment box toward the finish of this news article.
Women’s watches comprising the accompanying signs just: hours, minutes, seconds, straightforward date (day of the month), power save, exemplary moon stages; might be embellished with a most extreme 8-carat jewel setting.
- Bvlgari Serpenti Seduttori Pink Gold and Diamonds
- Chanel J12 Caliber 12.1
- Hermès Galop d’Hermès
- Hublot Classic Fusion Orlinski Titanium Alternative Pavé
- Moritz Grossmann TEFNUT Arabian Nights Milanaise
- Van Cleef & Arpels Perlée watch
Women’s watches that are astounding as far as their mechanical inventiveness and complexity. These watches may include a wide range of exemplary as well as creative complications and signs (for example yearly schedule, unending schedule, condition of time, complex moon stages, computerized or retrograde time display, worldtime, second time region or other kinds of model) and don’t fit the meaning of the Ladies’ and Mechanical Exception categories.
- Bvlgari Divas Dream The Roman Night
- Chaumet Soleil de Minuit Flying Tourbillon
- Jacob&Co Fleurs de Jardin
- Louis Vuitton Tambour Spin Time Air Paved
- MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT
- Van Cleef & Arpels Lady Arpels Zodiac Lumineux Aries watch
Men’s watches comprising the accompanying signs just: hours, minutes, seconds, straightforward date (day of the month), power save, exemplary moon stages; might be enhanced with a greatest 5-carat jewel setting.
- Alchemists Mechanical Healing Cu29
- De Bethune DB28 Yellow Tones
- Grand Seiko Spring Drive Manual-winding Platinum
- Grönefeld 1941 Principia Automatic
- Laurent Ferrier Bridge One
- Voutilainen 28ti
Men’s watches that are astounding regarding their mechanical inventiveness and complexity. These watches may highlight a wide range of exemplary and additionally creative complications and signs (for example worldtime, double time or other sorts of model) and don’t fit the meaning of the Men’s and Mechanical Exception categories.
- Audemars Piguet Code 11.59 by Audemars Piguet Minute Repeater Supersonnerie
- Czapek Genève Place Vendôme “Ombres”
- D.Candaux DC6-Solstice
- Ulysse Nardin Freak X
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas Tourbillon
- Zenith Defy El Primero Double Tourbillon
Men’s or women’s watches from a meaningful assortment that has been practicing an enduring effect on watchmaking history and the watch market for more than 25 years.
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak “Jumbo” Extra-thin
- Girard-Perregaux Quasar
- Hamilton Intra-Matic Automatic Chronograph
- IWC Schaffhausen IWC Tribute to Pallweber Edition “150 Years”
- TAG Heuer Monaco Eighties
- Zenith El Primero A384 Revival
Mechanical watches comprising in any event one tourbillon as well as an uncommon escapement and additionally another improvement improving chronometry (accuracy timekeeping). Extra signs or potentially complications are admissible.
- Antoine Preziuso Genève TTR3 Blue Equalizer Frequencies
- Armin Strom Pure Resonance Rose Gold
- Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Carburised steel regulator
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Constant-Force Tourbillon Edition “Le Petit Prince”
- TAG Heuer Autavia Isograph
- Zenith Defy Inventor
calendar and astronomy
Men’s mechanical watches comprising in any event one schedule as well as cosmic complication (for example date, yearly schedule, ceaseless schedule, condition of time, complex moon stages show, and so forth) Extra signs or potentially complications are admissible.
- Audemars Piguet Code 11.59 by Audemars Piguet Perpetual Calendar
- Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Far Side of the Moon
- Girard-Perregaux Cosmos
- Hermès Arceau L’heure de la Lune
- Sarpaneva Lunations
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Mega Yacht
Men’s as well as women’s watches highlighting an uncommon instrument, like an inventive or refined presentation, a robot, a striking or some other acoustic capacity, a belt-driven development or some other unique and additionally extraordinary horological concept.
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin
- Bvlgari Octo Roma Grande Sonnerie Perpetual Calendar
- Genus GNS1.2
- Ulysse Nardin Freak NeXt
- Urwerk AMC
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Twin Beat Perpetual Calendar
Mechanical watches comprising at any rate one chronograph sign. Extra signs and additionally complications are admissible.
- Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic
- Chopard L.U.C Chrono One Flyback
- Hublot Classic Fusion Ferrari GT 3D Carbon
- Louis Moinet Chronosphère
- TAG Heuer Carrera Tourbillon Nanograph
- Zenith Defy El Primero 21 Carbon
Watches connected to the universe of plunging, whose capacities, materials and configuration are fit to this activity.
- De Bethune DB28GS Grand Bleu
- Longines HydroConquest
- Reservoir Hydrosphere Blackfin
- Ressence Type 5
- Seiko Prospex LX line diver’s
- Ulysse Nardin Diver Great White
Watches exhibiting outstanding authority of the specialty of gems and gemsetting, and furthermore recognized by the decision of stones.
- Bvlgari Serpenti Misteriosi Romani
- Chopard Waterlily
- Hermès Arceau H Déco
- Hublot Big Bang One Click Rainbow
- Jacob&Co The Mystery Tourbillon
- Van Cleef & Arpels Jardin de Glace Secret watch
Watches showing excellent authority of one or a few creative strategies, for example, plating, lacquering, etching, guilloché (motor turning), skeleton-working, etc.
- Andersen Genève Vita Vinum
- Bereve Timepieces Numbers – Enamel Grand Feu
- Chopard L.U.C XP Esprit de Fleurier Peony
- Hermès Arceau Baobab Cat
- Jacob&Co Astronomia Dragon
- Voutilainen Starry Night Vine
Watches with a retail cost between CHF 4,000 and CHF 10,000. Smartwatches are permissible in this category.
- David Rutten Meteorite Watches Streamline
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Spitfire
- Kudoke Kudoke 2
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Mercury
- Trilobe Les Matinaux Sunray Grey
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Silver
Watches with a retail cost under CHF 4,000. Smartwatches are allowable in this category.
- Ciga Design Single-Hand Mechanical Wristwatch Series·Globe
- Doxa SUB 200
- Gorilla Watches Fastback GT Drift
- Ming 17.06 Copper
- Seiko Presage Arita Porcelain Dial
- Tudor Black Bay P01
Along with these 14 plainly characterized classes, the GPHG 2019 will likewise give an honor to watches falling in these categories:
This prize rewards the best watch, introduced in one of the fourteen classes, that offers a creative vision of time estimation (as far as procedure, plan, materials, and so forth) and opens up new advancement pathways for the watchmaking workmanship. This prize is optional and the jury will choose whether there are reason for granting it in 2019.
This prize rewards the best watch, introduced in one of the fourteen classifications, which includes a non-conventionalist, offbeat way to deal with watchmaking. It is expected to encourage inventive boldness. This prize is optional and the jury will choose whether there are reason for granting it in 2019.
“Horological Revelation” Prize
This prize rewards a watch, made by a youthful brand (under ten years of presence since its first model was commercialized) and entered in one of the fourteen classes. It might likewise compensate the mechanical production of a youthful ability, if none of the competing watches ought to be viewed as deserving of accepting this prize. This prize is discretionary and the jury will choose whether it ought to be granted in 2019.
Special Jury Prize
This prize rewards a character, organization or activity that has assumed a central part in advancing excellent watchmaking. It can’t be granted to a watch, nor to a brand as such.
The most amazing aspect show, the “Palme d’Or” of the watchmaking business, a.k.a. the GPHG 2019 prize for the best watch in 2019.
Details about the GPHG 2019
- Date: The prize-giving service will be held at the Théâtre du Léman in Geneva on November 7, 2019.
- Exhibitions – where the competing watches will be shown – subtleties here
- Sydney – September 28th and 29th 2019
- Bangkok – October fourth and fifth 2019
- Mexico City – October sixteenth and seventeenth 2019
- Puebla – Museo del Barroco: October 19th and twentieth 2019 and Torres Joyas: October 22nd and 23rd 2019
- Geneva – November second to fourteenth 2019
- Dubai (during the Dubai Watch Week) – November twentieth to 24th 2019
- Where to see the function live? Here, on MONOCHROME, because of our live feed on November 7, 2019.
- More details – www.gphg.org